iMail Kenya ("we" or "us") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains how we use any personal information that you provide to us through our website, or customer service. Please read it carefully. We may change this policy. We will post any changes on this page, so please check back frequently.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
1. Information you provide to us
- You may provide us with information in several ways, including by filling in forms on our websites or by corresponding with us by phone, email and live chat. This includes information you provide when you register for an account, search for a price comparison or quote, enter into a contract for the supply of services, enter a competition, promotion or survey or report problems with our services.
- The personal information that you provide may include your name, address, email address, phone number, financial information and other information about you (Or that of somebody you know i.e. consignee) to enable us to provide you with our services, including information pertaining to the collection address and the delivery address.
2. Financial data
- We use a third-party partner e.g. DPO, Safaricom or PayPal to process payments. You will be required to provide Financial Data (i.e. Your mobile and/or banking details) in order to authorise payment. When You place an order on the Site or make a Top-Up Payment, your consent is given to provide the data necessary to process the payment with iMail Kenya to this third party directly. To make and complete the purchase with DPO, Safaricom or Paypal their policies are applicable.
Information we collect about you
- When you use our website, we automatically collect information about your device, including your IP address, information about your visit (including how you got to our websites) and how you use our services. We may combine this information with other information you have provided to us or which we have received from other sources.
How we use your personal information
We use personal information about you in connection with the following purposes:
- Providing our services to you and fulfilling your requests
- Your data is used by iMail Kenya (and the iMail Kenya Network to the extent necessary to fulfil the iMail Kenya Services) to enable iMail Kenya to act as a service provider to you and is not shared with any person or company without your express consent.
- Completing any transaction that you do with the iMail Kenya network.
- Administering promotions or competitions that you enter.
- Your personal data may be used by iMail Kenya to contact a user by post, phone or by email when necessary in connection with an order, and in the case of a registered iMail Kenya Member, an iMail Kenya Account or iMail Kenya Membership.
- To minimise the risk of unauthorised access to Your Data, we use some of your data to authenticate you when using the site and the interactive services.
Marketing and advertising
- Information or offers regarding upcoming products, promotions, iMail Kenya Services or customer surveys.
- Measuring and understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others.
1. Service improvement and account management
- Ensuring that our content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
- Administering our websites and for internal business administration (for example, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes).
- Protecting our interests and those of third parties and as part of our efforts to keep our services safe and secure.
- Managing and operating your account with us.
2. Opt Out
- If you do not wish to be contactedby iMail Kenya in respect of future marketing communications (excluding the welcome email and any emails relating to your order which cannot be opted out of), we give you the opportunity to unsubscribe at the bottom of each email. Alternatively, you can send your unsubscribe request by email
Sharing your personal information
We may also share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
1. iMail Kenya network companies: to obtain quotes and book your delivery
- For our daily operations, we use the services of third parties to provide some of our business and operational functions. Some of the iMail Kenya Services are provided by our business partners who are part of the iMail Kenya Network and we need to disclose your information to them to provide you with the iMail Kenya Services.
- You should be aware that we may release your data when we believe it is necessary to comply with laws or regulations, to assist law enforcement, to enforce the terms under which you transacted with iMail Kenya, or to protect the rights, property or safety of iMail Kenya, iMail Kenya Members or third parties. Your bank, DPO, Safaricom or PayPal may further release your data as per their policies.
2. Analytics and search engine providers: to help us improve our services
- We may provide information about your visit to analytics and search engine providers to help us improve and optimise our services. We only share this information in a form that does not directly identify you.
- We may also share your personal information with third parties for the following reasons:
3. If we sell or buy any business or assets
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of that business or those assets, along with its professional advisers.
- If iMail Kenya (or substantially all of its assets) is acquired, personal information held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets.
4. To comply with a legal obligation
- We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to a request from law enforcement or another regulatory authority.
- We may disclose your personal information to enforce our agreements with you or to protect the rights, property or safety of iMail Kenya, its users or others. This includes sharing personal information with other organizations for fraud prevention purposes.
Storing your personal information
- We may transfer, store or process your personal information in any country we choose. The laws in some countries may not provide as much legal protection for your personal information but we strive for the best protection.
- By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Where we use service providers outside Kenya, we rely on approved data transfer mechanisms to ensure that your personal information is adequately safeguarded in the recipient country.
- Further, your bank, DPO, Safaricom or Paypal may further release your data as per their policies.
- You acknowledge that email messages sent over the internet are not encrypted and are not secure. Despite efforts to protect your data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any data you transmit to us, via, to, or from our site. You accept that iMail Kenya cannot be held liable for any breaches of confidentiality that may occur as a result of the use of email. If there is any sensitive or confidential data which you do not wish to communicate by email, please contact iMail Kenya by post to arrange an alternative method of communication. You transmit all such data at your own risk.
- Once your payment instructions are received by DPO, Safaricom or PayPal, they have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the Data under their control. 128 bit industry standard Secure Server Software (SSL) is used as a minimum standard which encrypts all of your data in respect of a transaction, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read as the data is transmitted.
- How long we keep your data collected through our site depends on the context in which you provide it and the purpose for which we use it. We will only retain it for as long as is necessary for such purposes, for example, we will keep Your Registration Information for as long as You are registered as an iMail Kenya Member on our Site and We will keep records of any transactions You enter in to for up to six years. We may send You direct marketing communications for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us.
- You understand and acknowledge that you have no ownership rights in your iMail Kenya Account and that if you cancel your iMail Kenya Account or your iMail Kenya Account is terminated, all your information including but not limited to Your Historical Consignment Information and your iMail Kenya Member Profile will be deleted from your iMail Kenya Account and will be further deleted from any iMail Kenya archives. Your Data may continue to be retained by the iMail Kenya Network in accordance with the privacy policies of e.g. Sub-Contractors.
- Telephone calls: If you call our customer service team, we may record your call. These recordings are used for training and quality control to ensure that we continuously monitor and improve our customer service standards.
- We keep your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. These periods vary depending on the nature of the information and your interactions with us. You can request for your iMail Kenya account to be deleted at any time by contacting us.
- iMail Kenya is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites or for the privacy policies, cookie policies and practices of other third parties (including those of DPO, Safaricom or Paypal), so You should be careful to read and understand those website policies independently.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can do this at any time by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in any marketing email we send you. You can also send Your request by email
- Data protection law gives you the right to access your personal information, to object to the use of your personal information for certain purposes, and the right to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information. To make a request to iMail Kenya for any Personal Data that We may hold, you need to put the request in writing addressing it to iMail Kenya.
Links to third party websites